Sunday, January 31, 2010

Much better

Hello my little scrumple-muffins (don't ask). Good news: I've decided that this is probably going to be a daily blog, but it also kind of depends on how I feel and whether I'm busy or not. Not to mention that lately I've been overtly enthusiastic about my blog, primarily because blogging is something new to me, sooo I'm not entirely sure if this inspritation will stay for long... Example of my inspiration withering: I didn't update yesterday, BUT I do have a reason for that, thank you very much. :/


Anyway, d'you remember that last post how I was just rambling about the nightmare-ish slowness of my internet (that's the reason)? Yeah, well it's much better now and I can actually upload a couple of images like I promised. Excitement!


So, here they are:



Caroline and I during our fab walk around the block.
Judging by our ecstatic facial expressions, you can just tell that the walk was fab.


This is mainly what our day consisted of.
The Waters of Mars was possibly one of the most epic things I've ever seen.



Since I'm a huge fan of Vogue, I took advantage of Caroline's
Italian Vogue Magazine. This was my favourite image,
due to her short Shirley Temple-like hair, smokey eyes, checked shirt, leather jacket and cig.


I also spent a large amount of the day looking at Caroline's Favole
books by Victoria Frances. I love these books and their gothic imagery.
They're filled with vampires, faeries, ghosts, demonic children and other strange things.
Here are some of my faves:






(Just a note, that the last two were not taken by me, due to the fact that they turned out blurry)

As you can see, I'm really into the whole harlequin scene. I don't know what it is that appeals to me about it... I guess it's just the whole facepaint, neck-ruffles, jumpsuits etc... But rather surprisingly, my favourite of these gorgeous artworks is the last one.


Victoria Frances, in her books, writes a story to go with each image, but I personally find her descriptive language horribly boring, therefore I didn't bother reading the story behind it (though maybe I probably should've). None the less, this artwork exudes so much emotion. It's as if the main subject of the image had a love or a meaningful somebody lost at sea. Just look at the ghost ship... It's evident, not only through the woman's pose and facial expression, but also through the image's isolated setting and gloomy colour toning, that many loved ones have departed due to the ocean's demands. It's soo intense it makes me wee myself... No, but seriously people, this artwork is beautiful. It sort of reminds me of a song by Nightwish called The Islander, which is a very sad, celtic-like song, about a man lost at sea. =(

Anyway, today was my first real day of school, though nothing much really happened. I spent most of it running liturgies or stressing about the amount of math homework I should've done over the summer, rather than actually having enjoyed my break. Come to think of it, I should be starting right now, but I'd rather just chill... or maybe chilling isn't an option? Gah, I fail at life. :/

Oh, and just to lighten up the mood a bit, I've picked my MV of the week, and I shall be posting it on friday. It's short, but sweet.

Anyway, I suppose that's all for today. Peace.
Nadine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment