Monday, February 22, 2010

Sailor princesses, with a twist;

Okay, so I'm at home, with a cold, trying to do school work, listening to Bjork's version of Gloomy Sunday and chugging chocloate milk, when I say to myself "hey, why don't I add a new blog post!" So, yes, here I am posting a bloggity blog blog.

Well, today's post is going to be kind of similar to the one I did about 'The Regal Twelve', but the artworks I want to show you are very different.

SO, I don't know about all of you, but I'm a huge fan of Sailor Moon. Not only am I a huge fan of Sailor Moon, but I also really, really, really like classic non/Disney animated films. But what's even better than these two awesome fandoms separately, is them combined. That's right, bicthes, you heard it from the best. COMBINED.

Anyway, enough with that. This set of awesome anime style artworks are made by a prosperous Deviantart user named DracheaRannak. You may or may not have heard of him, but this guy is an anime genius. Now, the artworks are seriously (non)Disney princesses/heroines in Sailor Scout form and, let me tell you, they are fan-fucking-tastic. I liked them so much, I even showed them to my mother and, believe me, that's saying something. Okay, so I'm just going to stop with my rambling and post some of the images, just so you can be strcuk by their awesomeness:








Okay, so these are defintely not all of them, they're just the ones I thought were the biggest babes or the ones I grew up with. BUT, if you want to see the rest of them and a character description of each, just go here: http://drachearannak.deviantart.com/gallery/#Sailor-Princess

And please, while you're at it, check out the rest of his gallery, because his art is truly and utterly magical!

Alright, so what do you think? If you ask me, I'd say it's one of the most innovative set of anime artworks I've ever seen. I really love how he has used two categroies he's passionate about and then merging them together to make epicly epic cartoony goodness. What I'd really like him to do (if it's possible), is to turn the Sailor Scouts into animated (non)Disney princesses. Now, Mistoffolees would like that very much. ^.^

Well, thanks for reading. OH and just a question (again)! Do you think I should change my banner/header? Yes? No? Tell me!
Anyway, over and out.

Nadine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment